Sunday, December 18, 2011

12-18-2011 - SAVEPOINT SUNDAY! (VGM): "Metallic Madness (Past Version)" - Naofumi Hataya, Masafumi Ogata, Yukifumi Makino.

So I saw that "Sonic CD" was re-released on XBOX Live Arcade recently. That's pretty cool! I remember playing this at the Blockbuster Video near the first apartment complex I lived in back in Houston, TX. At the time though, this wasn't exactly the soundtrack we Americans got to hear while normally playing the game, as the ENTIRE SOUNDTRACK was redone for the US release. However, with a code, you could access a kind of level select/ debug menu, and listen to the original japanese soundtrack that way. That was where I ended up hearing this song, and it always stuck with me...but it wasn't until just now that I learned what level it was for. I had also heard that the original japanese soundtrack is the version used for the XBLA re-release. That's pretty dope, on Sega's part. Enjoy it!

No comments: